your child’s creative side!
For this age group, it is crucial to gear activities to their interests and learning ability. An engaging, age-appropriate art curriculum stimulates and supports their academic capability. Because of this, we:
• Introduce various projects such as exploring 10 famous artists, learning their unique style and attitude that they
bring to the art world.
• Design projects to demonstrate to children how to organize the process of creating artwork and improving their results.
• Support and encourage children to express their personal creative instincts as part of their artwork.
These active learners strive to be more self-reliant, to seek independent activities, and to try new experiences. That's why we do the following:
• Provide hands-on activities that expand their imagination and foster creativity.
• Encourage children to observe the world around them.
• Design activities to develop small motor control.
• Embrace cultural diversity, all types of loving families from all walks of life
• Teach the fundamentals of color, line, shape, form, composition and texture by drawing, painting, making crafts
and collages as well as three-dimensional objects.
This course helps students avoid continual dissatisfaction with their artistic abilities and prevents them from giving up pursuing art as a viable interest. We keep them engaged! That's why we do the following:
• Reduce frustration and strengthen confidence with realistic drawing and painting skills.
• Enhance their idea fluency and their ability to generate multiple uses for a familiar item or product.
• Design class projects to guide students toward developing an idea in multiple ways while encouraging personal
expression and creativity.
This class guides the developing visual perception and drawing skills that this age group has achieved. Our classes for nine and ten-year olds:
• Offer a continuing focus on visual training, planning and process.
• Encourage the mastery of basic skills in line, shape, proportion, perspective, and the ability to create volume
through light logic using three dimensional objects.
• Encourage naturalistic realism and present an opportunity for creative expression.
These students are now able to work independently on projects and can be exposed to a wide variety of techniques and media. Instructors will work to:
• Improve students' expressive and creative thinking, fluency, originality, focused perception, imagination and the ability to
assume multiple perspectives and understand layered relationships.
• Teach space and composition and how to create visual balance.
• Encourage visual communication of a specific idea, the process of originating and developing one idea, metaphorically
Art School Serving the area of
Baltimore, Annapolis, Frederick, Ocean City, Rockville, Silver Spring, Gaithersburg, College Park, Salisbury, Upper Marlboro, Laurel, Cumberland, Bel Air, Westminster, Hyattsville, National Harbor, Easton, Greenbelt, Chevy Chase, Takoma Park, La Plata, Mount Airy, Cambridge, Lanham , North East and Ellicott, MD